My research interests include:
- Multivariate statistics, in particular hypothesis testing, classification and high-dimensional problems,
- Censored data, both survival data and data with detection limits,
- Inference for discrete distributions, such as inference about proportions or odds ratios,
- The interplay between Bayesian and frequentist ideas,
- Big data problems in animal science, in collaboration with researchers at Beijer Laboratory for Animal Science,
- Applications in medicine and proteomics, most of it in collaboration with researchers at the Uppsala Berzelii Technology Centre for Neurodiagnostics.
Statistical methodology and theory
- Thulin, M., Zwanzig. S. (2017). Exact confidence intervals and hypothesis tests for parameters of discrete distributions. Bernoulli, 23, 479-502.
- Thulin, M. (2016). Two-sample tests and one-way MANOVA for multivariate biomarker data with nondetects. Statistics in Medicine, 35, 3623-3644.
- Jin, S., Thulin, M., Larsson, R. (2016). Approximate Bayesianity of frequentist confidence intervals for a binomial proportion. The American Statistician, to appear. DOI:
- Görgens, M., Thulin, M. (2014). Bias-correction of the maximum likelihood estimator for the α-Brownian bridge. Statistics and Probability Letters, 93, 78-86.
- Thulin, M. (2014). The cost of using exact confidence intervals for a binomial proportion. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 8, 817-840.
- Thulin, M. (2014). On split sample and randomized confidence intervals for binomial proportions. Statistics and Probability Letters, 92, 65-71.
- Thulin, M. (2014). A high-dimensional two-sample test for the mean using random subspaces. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 74, 26-38.
- Thulin, M. (2014). Tests for multivariate normality based on canonical correlations. Statistical Methods & Applications, 23, 189-208.
- Stehlik, M., Strelec, L., Thulin, M. (2014). On robust testing for normality in chemometrics. Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, 130, 98-108.
- Thulin, M. (2014). Decision-theoretic justifications for Bayesian hypothesis testing using credible sets. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 146, 133-138.
- Thulin, M. (2014). Coverage-adjusted confidence intervals for a binomial proportion. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 41, 291-300.
- Moen, A., Lind, A.L., Thulin, M., Kamali–Moghaddamd, M., Roe, C., Gjerstad, J., Gordh, T. (2016). Inflammatory serum protein profiling of patients with lumbar radicular pain one year after disc herniation. International Journal of Inflammation, 2016, Article ID 3874964.
- Larsson, A., Carlsson, L., Gordh, T., Lind, A.L., Bodolea, C., Kamali–Moghaddamd, M., Thulin, M. (2015). The body mass index (BMI) is significantly associated with cerebrospinal fluid cytokine and chemokine concentrations. Cytokine, 76, 514-518.
- Larsson, A., Carlsson, L., Gordh, T., Lind, A.L., Thulin, M., Kamali–Moghaddamd, M. (2015). The effects of age and gender on plasma levels of 63 cytokines. Journal of Immunological Methods, 425, 58-61.
- Rydfjord, J., Svensson, F., Fagrell, M., Sävmarker, J., Thulin, M., Larhed, M. (2013). Temperature measurements in continuous-flow microwave heated systems. Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry, 9, 2079-2087.
My Erdős number is 5.